Gotchas, bugs and misfeatures
- The supplied shaders have not been tested thoroughly against rendered output from
the original modeler's native renderer. Probably the lighting model needs tweaking in
the two surface shaders.
- You may need to supply a maximum amplitude for displacement when
displacement shaders are used. The two displacement shaders have a parameter
- Splitting of hierarchical meshes is not supported yet.
- lib3ds seems to have a few bugs with some transformations "missed" so that
a group of objects may be displaced from their correct position ie this is not
a ribbify bug!
- Only polygonal data are presently converted. If you have sample files
with other geometric data that I can work with, I can try to add support for these.
- Some obj files do not conform well to the standard. For example,
they may have group names consisting of more than one word. You will have to
fix problems like this manually.
- Texture maps may need to be rotated by 180 degrees or flipped etc to
- Mainly tested with inkscape-produced SVG.
- Output is GeneralPolygon and some versions of some renderers (apologies for the vagueness of this) don't appear to correctly tesselate the polygon. My advice is to try the latest version of your favourite Renderman renderer. Then complain.